Developed in the USA with over 6 months of R&D, we are proud to introduce the all new Fantom FR-1 Series professional racing motors.
The heart of the FR-1 Series motors are the stators and rotors. Our stators are made from premium Kawasaki® steel from Japan. Countless hours of track testing went into the development of our stators, which include two different designs, to cover the different wind motors and their intended uses. Our two stator designs are not just different stack heights, but are also two completely different designs! Our TYPE T stator design is used for our 10.5 spec motors and all of the modified motors (2.5 through 9.5 turn). Our TYPE R stator design is used for our 21.5 and 25.5 turn spec motors. Our 13.5 and 17.5 turn spec motors are available in either the TYPE T or TYPE R configurations.
Our rotors are precision balanced and manufactured using a premium grade neodymium formula, for extreme horsepower and superior fade resistance! All are laser engraved with the Fantom logo and specs!
MORE POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
SPECS and FEATURES:
- Designed in the USA
- Meets All ROAR, IFMAR, EFRA Specifications
- ROAR Approval Pending
- All modified motors are built with the TYPE T stator
- 2.5 through 6.5 turn modified motors are built with 12.5mm modified rotors and 7.5 through 9.5 turn modified motors are built with 12.3mm modified rotors, for the ultimate balance of torque and rpm
- Built with your choice of 1 of 2 different rotor options
- Precision Balanced Rotor
- Premium Grade Neodymium Magnet Formula produces extreme horsepower and superior fade resistance
- Premium Grade Kawasaki® Steel Stator Plates
- Maximum Size, 99.9% Pure Copper, High-Temperature Wire
- High-Power / Low-Resistance, Thick Copper, Gold Plated Solder Lugs and Collector Ring
- CNC Machined Billet T6 Aluminum End Plates for Precision Bearing Alignment
- Integrated Can and End Plate Venting for Maximum Cooling
- Sensored or Sensorless Operation - Compatible with all popular racing speed controls, except some Novak ESC's.
- Inspection "window" on side of can, for easy wind ID.
- Infinite Adjustable Timing
- High RPM Precision Bearings
- Includes 180mm sensor cable
- Available Modified Winds: 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 9.5
IF YOU CHOOSE ANY OF THE OPTIONAL UPGRADE PARTS LISTED BELOW, YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE THE ORIGINAL STOCK PARTS. THIS INCLUDES THE ROTOR AND BEARINGS.
OPTIONAL SERVICE & UPGRADE DETAILS:
Re-Shim Option (standard brass shims) - If you choose this option, we disassemble the motor and adjust the rotor shims so that the rotor "floats" centered properly within the magnetic field. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly. We also make sure that it has the correct end play, so that it is not bound up or too loose.
Rotor Re-Shim Option (TEFLON® shims) - As with the standard brass re-shim option above, we disassemble the motor and adjust the rotor shims so that the rotor "floats" centered properly within the magnetic field. With this option, we also use TEFLON® shims for the outermost shims, to minimize any side-load binding between the rotor and bearings. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly. We also make sure that it has the correct end play, so that it is not bound up or too loose. You also receive two extra Teflon® shims.
Bearing Options - If you choose the ceramic bearings option, we make sure the bearings seats are sized correctly before installing the bearings. This ensures that the bearings are not squeezed or distorted when installed, which could cause extra drag or nonconcentrical bearing movement. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearings correctly.
- Read more about the standard Chrome Steel Bearings here
- Read more about optional ABEC 7 Hybrid Ceramic Bearings here
Rotor Options - Choose the 12.5mm modified rotor at no extra cost, or choose the 12.3mm optional modified rotor listed below. There is an upcharge for the optional 12.3mm modified rotor, but you will also receive the original 12.5mm rotor if you choose the "optional" 12.3mm modified rotor. All rotors are checked for correct bearing fit. If required, the rotor shaft is polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly.
- Read more about standard 12.5mm Modified Rotor here
- Read more about optional 12.3mm Modified Rotor here
Dyno Test Option - If you choose this option, we evaluate your motor to make sure it is performing properly. We test your motor on our Fantom dyno, through a Tekin RS Pro ESC. The ESC is set at the default settings from Tekin (no added programming). This test evaluates RPM, Power and Torque. A printout is supplied with your motor. We also test the sensor circuit board to verify that it is working correctly.
Rotor Strength Test Option - If you choose this option, we evaluate your rotor to make sure it meets proper specs. If we find that the rotor does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. With this option, we disassemble the motor and remove the rotor. The rotor's magnetic field strength is tested on our Fantom rotor tester and the results are provided. If you choose an optional rotor, we will test both of your rotors and provide results for both rotors (standard plus your optional rotor).
Coil Resistance Test Option - If you choose this option, we evaluate the ohms resistance of your stator to make sure it meets proper specs and to detect shorts. If we find that the stator does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. With this option, we disassemble the motor and test each coil individually. The stator results are tested on our Facts Machine 2 and the results are provided.
IMPORTANT: We use our Fantom Facts Machine 2-AC to test our rotors and stators. It is important to know that there is no standard in the RC industry for testing brushless rotors and stators. There are numerous testers on the market, including the Trinity, MMS and others, that all provide different information. The information can vary greatly. For example, one company's meter may read 1500 for a rotor, where our meter may read it as 1400. The same goes for stator readings. For example, a 19.5ohm reading on another brand meter, may be the same as a 20.2ohm reading on our tester. The Fantom tester is calibrated using 1/2% tolerance 5, 10 and 20 ohms resistors, so you can feel confident that we are providing you with the most accurate testing in RC.