Schumacher AX001 - Aerox Razor Body - 1/10 Touring - Light - 190mm
** Read more about it here at Blog.Kentech
The Aerox RAZOR is a high downforce 1/10th Touring Car body designed with ultimate performance in mind.
- 2 Years in development with a leading F1 Aerodynamicist.
- Ultimate Aerodynamic Efficiency.
- Designed in association with a leading F1 Aerodynamicist.
- State of the art CFD (Computational fluid dynamics) analysis used to maximise down force and reduce drag.
- Maximised double front splitter that creates a pressure differential that provides front aerodynamic grip.
- Uniquely adjustable curved rear wing to adjust downforce, balance and drag (The purchase of an alternative wing is not required)
- Upturned leading edge on the wing allows airflow to remain attached, improving its efficiency. MORE downforce - LESS drag.
- The maximised length of the body improves 2 aspects;
- More surface area for developing load i.e downforce and reducing lift.
- Secondly, drag reduction; the air passing over the body has to work less hard, deviating at a lower angle than normal, reducing drag and increasing speed.
- In short, Ultimate Aerodynamic Efficiency with the ability to tune balance all with one body and wing.
- BRCA and ROAR approved.
Supplied clear and unpainted. Includes wing and mounting hardware.
- Overspray film.
- Lights and decal set.
- Instruction sheet.
Updated Mounting tips:
Having tested the Aerox Razor extensively since its launch and receiving feedback from drivers and customers, we have adjusted our recommend starting settings.
The aero balance is typically adjusted by the body mounting position. The Aerox Razor develops a lot of downforce over the rear axle, therefore in order to allow the car to rotate more in the corners we must mount the bodyshell more forward than the moulded marks in the wheel arch. We suggest a good starting point is to mount the bodyshell so that the front axle centre is 3mm rearward of the most rearward vertical line in the front arch. (See picture below). You must be sure to add foam to the bumper in order to remove clearance to the bodyshell ΓÇô failure to do so will lead to inconsistent handling. The aero balance can also be adjusted by changing the height of the bumper foam (depending on car model) ΓÇô lower moves the aero balance forward for more steering.
The wing setting should be used to predominantly tune between downforce and drag. A general rule of thumb is that low grip/slow speed tracks require more downforce. High grip/Fast speed tracks are likely to be faster with less drag. The wing can also be used to tune aero balance, although the body mounting position is our preferred method of doing so. As a guide, we recommend mounting the wing half way between the medium and high downforce positions - this will give a good car balance. When more steering is required, try the medium downforce setting on the wing and cut the trailing edge 1-2mm above the trim line. You will also need to trim the leading edge to maintain the 40mmx20mm dimensions. The rear wing position is very sensitive to adjustment ΓÇô itΓÇÖs possible to feel half a hole change on the track.