Your cart is currently empty
Product image slideshow Items
The Schumacher FT8 – Design and engineering excellence.
The FT8 has been developed by Schumacher’s world class engineering team to make a fast and great handling front wheel drive touring car.
With a low centre of gravity, light weight, and fine attention to detail, the FT8 is a pleasure to build, maintain, and to drive.
The FT8 contains all the features and adjustments you need from a high end front wheel drive to take you to the top of the podium. The FT8, drive from the front.
The FT8 in prototype form has achieved some excellent results including;
BRCA FWD National Win, 2nd's and 3rd's, Andy Murray, Aaron Rose and Jamie Hickin. EWS overall Championship win, Shane Chipolina. MiCC Championship 2nd & 3rd, Aaron Rose & Jamie Hickin.
- Precision hard anodized alloy gear diff, with large oil volume for consistency throughout a run. Ball raced differential outputs with high precision gears.
- Twin upper suspension link design for flexibility characteristics and tuning of castor.
- Front body height limit control included in the kit with a lightweight and simple solution.
- Carbon fiber wishbones with pivot ball mounting inboard and outboard.
- Super low profile shock absorbers and a mounting layout designed for super low center of gravity.
- Both Vertical and Horizontal rear body mounting options included in the kit.
- Transmission housings designed to lower center of gravity, maximize durability and optimize geometry and flexibility.
- Anti roll bar design lowers center of gravity.
- Ultra fine adjustment eccentrics for optimum belt tension and diff height adjustment.
- Lower bumper molding prevents the bumper touching down on track.
- Black alloy turnbuckles used throughout.
- 22 precision ball raced bearings.
- “O” ring retained alloy wheel hexes.
- Hollow, precision steel layshaft.
- Ultra durable ‘Long Life’ blades.
- Improved belt efficiency which can be run much looser without slipping.
- Arrowmax supplied 92T 64dp industry standard fitting spur gear.
- Symmetrical chassis cutout offers consistent chassis flex.
- LiPo adjustment for fine tuning weight distribution.
- Rear track rod for infinite adjustment to rear toe-in. This can be tuned for the use of Active Rear Suspension.
- Aerospace carbon fiber components throughout.
- Ultra low center of gravity.
- Double wishbone suspension for increased suspension rigidity, and reduced play.
- Durable and more efficient drive train with larger pulleys 22:40.
- Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, castor, camber, roll center, ackerman, droop, anti-dive, anti-squat, front and rear toe in/out, ride height and much more.
- Option Parts available to fine tune to all track conditions.
- LiPo retention moldings. No tape required.
- Rebuildable, super durable steel double joint driveshafts.
- Low profile threaded insert. Eliminates the need for nuts.